Plastic Injection Molded Parts Vs Aluminum Casting Parts
Plastic injection vowin
.cn/en/News/news1251.html' target='_blank'>vowin.cn/' target='_blank'>molding
and aluminum die casting are the most 2 popular methods for producing components. They are suitable for mass production but also for low volume manufacturing. They are similar and different.
Plastic Injection Mold Parts
1. The melting temperature of plastic part is lower than aluminum parts.
2. In same design, product in plastic is lighter than in aluminum.
1. Plastic injection molded parts
usually require metal inserts to hold a thread for screws.
2. Plastic does not block EMI/RF waves.
3. Compare to aluminum part, plastic part is not strong.
4. Plastic is not typically biodegradable.
1. Part can be threaded directly on hole.
2. Can apply post machining
to obtain high precision dimension.
3. Aluminum casting part
has great thermal transference properties.
4. Aluminum is a natural conductor of electricity.
5. All aluminum alloys (360, 380, 383, and 413) are made from recycled materials.
6. Comparing to plastic parts, aluminum parts are stronger/
7. Aluminum naturally shieds EMI/RF waves.
1. In the same design, product in aluminum weighs heavier than plastic.
2. Aluminum parts usually needed post machining and post finishing.